Wednesday, October 8, 2008
I have divided the Urban Luxe collection away from my existing Luxe Couture collection and given it a shop of its own... Already I can tell that the two are going to be happier on their own.
If you stop by and decide to purchase something put in the code blog10 and get a 10% discount!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
As many of you know... I love pearls!
Pearls are more fragile than most other gemstones, so you should handle them carefully to keep them safe from scratches.
- put your pearls on after you have applied make-up and perfume.
- You can clean your pearls with a soft, lint free cloth before and after wearing
- If you want you can dampen the cloth. Allow the pearls to air dry before storing them in a soft container or bag that allows them to breath.
- Take off all pearl jewelry before bathing. And, gemstone jewelry too. Shower and bath soaps are too harsh for pearls.
- You can clean pearls with a mild soap and water solution (Ivory).
- Never use solutions that contain ammonia or harsh detergents.
- Pearls can not be cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner.
- Rubbing pearls with abrasive cleaners or clothes can wear away the nacre coating.
- You can actually remove the coating of the pearl.
- Don't store your pearls with other jewelry. They can be scratched when metal or gemstones rub against them. Keep them in a soft bag made from chamois or another soft fabric.
- Restring your favorite pearl necklaces and bracelets periodically so that you're sure the silk or nylon cord holding them is in good shape.
- If you notice any problems with the clasp, cord or extra slack in the piece stop wearing it and have it checked out for problems.
- Last, but not least... Wear your pearls! Take them out and give them some air and attention.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
A group of local Atlanta Etsy artist will be having a private backyard show. It will be like going to your own personal art festival.
Fall Showcase Featured Artists Include:
We are planning on a beautiful fall day and would love for you to join us.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
We took off a few days and drove up to North Carolina. The weather was great and it was really nice to get away from the Atlanta heat.
First night we stayed in Asheville and visited some gallery's and a couple of pubs. The next morning we got up early and headed up to Mt Mitchell. The weather was foggy and raining, but from past experience I know that is to be expected! We set up camp and setteled in...
Woke up in the night and went out... the sky was clear and the stars were amazing! We had perfect conditions for the next three days.
Sunday afternoon it started fogging up again the wind changed direction and started to blow and our extra layers of clothing started piling on! The rain came and it poured all night long. If you have never been to Mt Mitchell I can tell you that when the wind decideds to blow ... it is all that you can hear! The side of the tent snapped and blew in all night long. It was great!
I have never been a fan of packing up wet gear, but it was well worth it!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Luxe design~workshop is the business name of my jewelry shop. I have been creating jewelry for some time now and focus on high quality gemstones, pearls, and precious metals. In addition to my jewelry business I am a freelance food stylist... A job that I love and feel so fortunate to have fallen into!
In the meantime... feel free to leave comments and links to other interesting things and I will try to post something every day as I get more comfortable with all of these new gadgets!